Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August already!

Over the weekend, finished the binding on the Flower Power quilt.

 Flower Power with binding

Can't believe it's August already. The weather has been so weird. Our tomatoes are just starting to come in. Normally I would have lots of salsa made by now. Do have lots of squash, nothing stops them. lol We had the last of the corn for supper this evening. Again, "normally" we would have had a second planting going by now. Beans are at the top of the trellis but no flowers yet. Very weird.

There are Civil War blocks cut. Drafting a pattern to make this weeks block. Empty Spools. Original block is a single spool. By Saturday afternoon there were 3 different variations, by Sunday, there were at least 7!!! I guess the up side of not keeping up is that I get to see what everyone else has done and then decide how I want to make my block. Instead of the single spool, I plan to draft a block similar to the one Justcruising made. It has 4 spools with a center square fussy cut with a flower. Very nice and I feel a better scale with smaller pieces, more like all the blocks made so far. Fun! here is a link to see the latest blocks posted:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/civilwarquilts2011/

2 comments:

  1. I have a double batted quilt that the quilting really shows on. Too heavy for my tastes though. I will also do one of the variations of the empty spools block...clever people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilting. There are a lot of talented people in the Civil War group. I like the block you mentioned and plan to draft too. I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing. I like being a bit behind and getting some ideas from the others.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...