Thursday, November 6, 2014

Feathers for Marla

Marla's quilt on my Innova's frame as I was quilting the last section. This quilt is a beauty! Pieced stars in the prettiest vintage fabrics set against a white background fabric. Stunning! When Marla V, a new customer, brought her quilt into my studio we both agreed it wanted to be quilted with feathers and crosshatch designs. This is what I came up with...
 Marla's quilt at the beginning of the stitch out
with her 26 inch star blocks
and the first motifs starting to build the overall design
Later I came in with some little designs to fill in the corners
and connect the blocks.
The corner motifs of each star block created a secondary design in the large white set on point areas in the center field of the quilt which is what Marla requested have the most quilting. I didn't get a good picture of that area as I kept focusing on the star with my camera. Also, didn't take this beauty outside for a photo shoot because it's large size and white fabric. The backing is a pretty soft teal color and also very light.

UPDATE: When I downloaded my memory card this morning I found a few more pix with Marla's quilt on my worktable. This pic shows the center field better and a layout of the blocks...


One more pic at the beginning of the stitch out on the frame with some back lighting for texture...
Marla picked up her quilt yesterday and was quite pleased
which, of course, makes me happy as well! Yea!

Thank you Marla :0)

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Enjoy your day!
Groetjes, Jo
"We will be known forever by the tracks we leave."
Native American Proverb

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy with how this came out. I was worried about all the white spaces that needed to be filled but they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it turned out! Together you made a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...