Sunday, October 11, 2015

Quilting on Amaretto Cottage


Kansas Troubles block in Amaretto Cottage

and one of the setting triangles

Janie loves butterflies and the sparkle of Glide so we are quilting feathered butterflies on this beauty using three different colors ~ gold, burgundy, a lavender plus a fourth thread, a Fantastico from Superior in a dark variegated purple.
Wool batting from Quilter's Dream for that wonderful loft :0)

At day's end yesterday I am about halfway and ready to start the medallion center. Not planning to share more of this one or any of the quilts quilted for customers that will be going into the quilt show. Come to the show and see them! 
(There will be lots of pix after the show)

There was one customer quilt this week not going in the show. Karen made a quilt that will be a Christmas gift. I neglected to ask her permission to post pix. With permission I hope to post pix later because it's a wonderful quilt! I had fun looking at all the different fabrics and blocks while I was quilting it. Every block is different, just what I love to do :0)

After shutting down my longarm yesterday, I made a block for Honey Run Quilters Seasonal Block challenge. Ronda gave me a packet with the oak leaf focus fabric in September, due at the end of this month and now I can check it off my list. Way too much going on this month. 14 Birthdays!!! (I have a biggie coming up soon) all family and close friends, plus customer quilts, guild & quilt show meetings. Too much and I have noticed that I am having trouble staying focused! Doing my best, anyway here is the block I made yesterday. Thinking of cutting up the little scraps to add leaves falling from the tree.


Enjoy your Sunday
Hope you have a fun project to work on!
Tot ziens, Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...