Friday, September 16, 2016

Kathryn's Labyrinth quilt

Wow, 10 days since my last post! Time flies when you are having fun quilting ;0) With a new month starting just as I got back from Sandy, Utah many quilts came in since the 6th, following the holiday weekend. Several are quilted and ready to be trimmed. Have allot of pix and posting to catch up on as all my time has been spent quilting.

Loving all the little tricks and details I learned from Renae at Quilts On the Corner. It's made my experience with my longarm sew much better and I am getting lots of customer quilts completed! 

Kathryn's Labyrinth is the first quilt I finished as soon as I got back to work in the studio. Already delivered, Kathryn was very happy with the outcome and I hear that Ryan loved it as well! Yea! 

This is the center of Kathryn's quilt... it's big :0)

Sorry about the out of focus pix, I am using a borrowed camera and didn't notice that the settings were changed until after the quilt was picked up :0( 

The quilt laying across my frame after quilting...

Quilted with a design named Peacock Feathers 
using a variegated thread from Superior that went from green to dark teal. 
Batting is Quilter's Dream Wool... love that loft! 

 The quilting pattern was chosen to pick up the shapes in the fabrics 
mimicking the same texture but using curves to add softness to the hard lines. 
For an all over pattern it worked pretty well and was a good option for a big quilt. 


I neglected to get a picture of the backing... it was a navy blue solid.
Using that bright green color in a solid thread really popped!

Thank you Kathryn :0)

I'll try and get more pix posted but for now, getting caught up is a priority...
as well as buying a new camera. Sew much to do!
Enjoy your weekend :0)
Tot ziens, Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...