Thursday, January 19, 2012

3 of my CW blocks to be published!

Block 12 ~ Louisiana

Block 26 ~ Barbara Frietchie Star

Block 50 ~ Grapes of Wrath
I am so excited!!! I received an email from Barbara Brackman asking to include 3 of my Civil War blocks in her upcoming book!!! 
 The three blocks above are the ones Barbara selected. 

She is including blocks from several quilters in our Circle of Friends. 
Two examples of color and fabrics per block pattern.

This absolutely made my day, week... possibly my year! American Homestead and Quilting Bear Gal both posted that they too have blocks selected so I know I'm not dreaming!!! lol pinch! pinch! I imagine a couple of the Australian girls were included, especially Kookaburra calling. Her blocks all included flowers and were gorgeous. Everyone that participated came up with beautiful blocks!

Update: quiltminstrel also has blocks chosen! So modest she doesn't mention it until the very end of her post along with pics of her CW blocks. Lots of eye candy before you get there! Congratulations Merilyn!  Well deserved

I returned my permission form. The biggest decision was whether to use my real name or moonbear. I choose my real name but no one will know it's me! lol

Now it's going to be forever before the book comes out in 2013!!! The book's title will be "Civil War Blocks" by Barbara Brackman. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so awesome! How exciting!! (Oh and very nice blocks! But you don't need me to tell you that!! Hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big congratulations The blocks that were cosen are exquisite! No wonder she wanted to publish them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, your blocks are lovely. I can see why they were chosen. Especially like Grapes of Wrath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I'm posting my three tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What an honor! Make your year indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!!!
    Your blocks are gorgeous - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! How fun is that! I've got my name on the fly leaf of a book that I helped to inspire, but this is way better!! Will have to look for the book when it comes out and then get you to autograph your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. I'll be on - line to get the book! You are on a roll. Keep up the stunning work.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...