Friday, March 24, 2017

Carol's Gravity

Wow, it's been over a month since I posted! Yikes 
Years ago my cousin told me that time goes by faster as one gets older. 
Never knew what she meant then... I sure get it now! 

Anyway a little catsup 

This is Gravity, a quilt by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts 
Made by Carol F 

Carol pieced her Gravity from gold, cream and white on white fabrics :0) 
Very different and I love it! 

Beginning of the stitch out

The inspiration design ~ Feather Diamond by Jessica Schick of Digi-Tech 
stitched out in the center star. 


and then framed by 2 different sets of designs by Nancy Haacke of Wasatch Quilting 


This quilt is larger than the pattern. Carol added to all four sides to make it fit a King size bed 
It took up most of my 12 foot frame with just enough room for the sew head :0) 


Quilted with Quilter's Dream Wool... love the loft! 
It adds so much texture to the white on white background fabrics :0) 
Fantastico Gold variegated thread in the center stars 
with Glide Cool Grey stitched on all of the white on white background. 

I was very glad that I made this quilt (neither of us knew the other was working on the same quilt pattern :0) because it made it easier to layout a design and keep track of the diamonds. 
Can't wait to quilt my own!!!

Thank you Carol! 

In addition to the time spent on this quilt, additional quilts have been completed as well.
 Still spending more time quilting than posting trying to keep up 
with all of my customers! 
I do believe with all the rain this year, everyone is indoors piecing and finishing tops!

Tot ziens, Jo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...