Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunbonnet Sue Quilt

It's Friday! Yipee!!!
Lots accomplished. Monday, finished the blocks for the Block of the Month planned at Cathy's Sew and Vac. Tuesday sewed all the blocks together with sashings and borders so the top is complete. Took it over to Cathy's and forgot to take a picture of it! We hung it up in the classroom in place of my Black, White and Red All Around quilt from my Quilting 101 class. Brought that back home and plan to show it in the Annie's Star Quilt show in October of this year. Helping a quilter that came into Cathy's with a Sunbonnet Sue quilt as a favor to the store.




A few years ago I joined Annie's Star Quilt Guild, a guild in Chico, California, USA. It's a large guild with over 200 members. This month I was nominated and voted onto the board. Thursday was my first board meeting, with the new and outgoing members. Will be interesting to serve on the board for the next year.

This afternoon I worked on window treatments, valances. Will finish those tomorrow to have them ready for installation.  I am taking a few days off next week and spending them with my BFF Sally in Tahoe, celebrating a friend's birthday. Time to recharge my spirit with some mountain time!!!

Marilyn, if you read this, let me know if you are still up in the Tahoe. Your cell doesn't get reception up there. We should get together at Penny's shop, Quilting Tahoe. That would be great!

Have a quilty weekend! Will catch up with Civil War BOW and sampler next week.

3 comments:

  1. All great quilts! Congratulations...hope you enjoy being on the board of the guild. And have fun with Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome on my blog!! Thanks for joining in!!
    Greetings from Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, we are back home in the desert. I would have loved to get together with you. It will work out one of these summers. It was a beautiful July at the lake this year!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...