Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 UFO Challenge

** For complete updates with pictures, go to my UFO page under my header **

UFO Challenges. Judy Laquidara is hosting a new UFO Challenge for 2012 and my guild is doing one too. First time to join a UFO challenge for me. It will be a fun way to get some UFOs out of the closet.

Here is my list of 12 projects that I would love to finish...

#1 ~ Red and White Quilt ~ Most of the top is finished. To do: add borders, quilt, bind and label. Finished in February!

#2 ~  Chips and Strips Quilt~ NYD Mystery quilt. To do: finish top, quilting, binding and label. Top is finished. Quilted and binding done.

#3 ~ 1930s Dresden wall hanging. To do: finish top, quilting, binding and label.

#4 ~ A Mystery Quilt I did in 2005. Top was finished back then. To do: Quilting, binding and label. Quilted.

#5 ~ Friendship Stars Quilt. This is a top made from fabrics I swapped in a Celestial Star Swap that Luna Lisa hosted while we were members of AAQMB. I finished the top soon after the swap and it's been tucked away for far too long. To do: quilting, binding and label.
Finished in January!! Even added a sleeve!

#6 ~ Tree of Life Quilt. Made with HSTs cut aways from the snowball blocks of UFO #1

#7 ~ Simple Scrappy Pleasures Quilt. This is a BOM started in 2002! All of the blocks are complete. To do: Finish month #13 which are the pieced borders, assemble top, quilt, binding and label. Top is complete

#8 ~ Simple Scrappy Pleasures wall hanging. Same BOM. I had such a stash of calicos I made a smaller version at the same time. To do: same as #7 Top is complete. Quilting is complete. Added a sleeve. Finished in March!

#9 ~ Modern Dresden Flower Power Sampler. Took a class with Anelie Belden in 2011 and started this quilt. To do: finish blocks. Hope Judy doesn't pick #9 first! lol This is one of the blocks. My goal is to finish the blocks.

# 10 ~ Galactic Twinkle Quilt. Another BOM in 20?? lol. Blocks are all made. To do: Put top together, quilt, binding and label.

# 11 ~ Wee Flower Patch wall hanging. A 2003 BOM. Now this one I finished the top! To do: quilting, binding and label.

#12 ~ Nine Patch small doll quilt. I have 2 pizza boxes of nine patches that were swapped with members of AAQMB. This is one of many quilts I made this year using the nine patches. To do: quilting, binding and label. Finished this one and a second 9 patch small quilt ;0)


It was fun looking for UFOs tonight, like finding old friends. I promise to update this post with pictures. Wishing you a Pieceful New Year!

I found 24 UFOs in total. Two are special occasion quilts that need to be completed soon and two are BOMs that I can't complete until October so I did not include them above. My Civil War Quilt and 1880s Sampler are WIPs that I will keep working on all year, plus six more that I will try to finish for my guild's 2012 UFO challenge. 
Seems a little overwhelming now that I see how many projects I have. Perhaps unrealistic but I will be happy with how ever many get finished :0)
Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...