Saturday, August 3, 2013

July wrap up

August already! I am making progress with only two quilts yet to wrap up from July. July started out with ten from May & June. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!! In my defense I had two very large quilts, one of which is finished as of Friday...
King size at 116 x 116 this was the limit for my 12 foot frame! Quilted for Carroll with a quilting design she choose Celestial Complex by Kim Diamond. I had to order a new square version as there was absolutely no room to quilt off the edges.
A beautiful quilt made by Carroll's daughter in purple celestial prints, log cabin blocks surrounded by multiple borders. Quilted in a purple Glide thread, the quilting design really fit the fabrics.

Added note: When Carroll picked up her quilt she told me this is only the 4th quilt her daughter has made. She did an incredibly good job considering the size and all of the borders she added! I am impressed :0)
Binding added in the same print as the backing. The quilting is best seen on the back.

The second picture is closer to the true color of the backing fabric. Great design and fabric choices!

Hot August Nights quilt was finished for Sandra. It will be in our quilt show so I will post a picture in September of it hanging in the show.

One more Quilt of Honor completed and back to it's maker for binding...

More on these in September. I also basted two quilts on the longarm for customers, one for Sally that she will hand quilt and one for Arlene to be machine quilted. Worked on two more custom quilts in progress, one is for Beckie and an applique for Sally, both are just gorgeous! One is for the quilt show in September as well.

I have a few of my own quilts in the works, starting the quilting on my Medallion this weekend. Also posted a UFO and NewFO and a WIP for my personal quilting goals for August. Check them out on my quilting blog... Ramblin' Rows. Some are for the show ie) Annie's Star Quilt Guild's Harvest of Quilts September 28 & 29. Have a great weekend...

Enjoy the day stitching away!

2 comments:

  1. that is a huge quilt. I have made one king size and it is my last. :0)
    great quilting designs.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...