Friday, November 8, 2013

A special quilt

for a special lady. Shirley H turned 92 years young last month. She also finished this quilt!
and asked me to quilt it for her. Here is her top first loaded on my longarm...
Old school layout with the pillow top and kick pleat corners! 

She asked for an all over but I just could not do that with this quilt. Especially when she told me that this would be her last quilt made and for her room! I quilted a feather design in the stars and flowers on the sides and alternate blocks, which she did request. Sides are a Pansy design that will hang along the sides of her bed.
Meet Shirley in her room with her quilt. 
Perfect colors that she put together to bring in her headboard, cupboard and she loves purple!

BTW, that cupboard is filled with quilts she and her mother-in-law made. Gorgeous quilts, many hand quilted. I saw them the first time I visited with Shirley when I picked up her quilt but did not have my camera. This day we were both too rushed for time. This lady has a busy schedule! Next visit :0)



Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day, stitching away! 



6 comments:

  1. Bless her heart ! She did a beautiful job piecing this quilt for her bed & your quilting was the icing on the cake ! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, a special quilt. Glad you gave it the perfect frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....this is gorgeous!!!! Greetings to the lady.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, and how special for both of you. I am currently working on a quilt made by a 96 year old. I feel so honored, as I am sure you did also. You made this quilt look beautiful, and I am so happy you didn't do an edge to edge. Your extra work was well spent. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...