Thursday, June 23, 2011

A good day

Long day, but good. Still learning how to set up this blog. Figured out how to post the Civil War Quilt button to Barbara Brackman's blog and a few of the block pictures from my flickr photo stream with a link on the sidebar gadgets. It's the little things...

Made 3 little quilts today. Inspired by Kathie~Inspired by Antique Quilts, love her beautiful little quilts as well as Aunt Reen's. I dug out some 9 patches from a swap ages ago. Not the same as the little 3 inch 9 patches that Vicky and I participated in, "saving" those for just the right quilt lol, maybe cornerstones for the setting of the Civil War BOW! hummm

These are 4 1/2 inch patches. They made up into some cute little quilts that I added 3 different examples of quilt borders to use in a beginning quilt making class I am teaching. One has a double border with mitered corners, one has a spiral border in a stripe fabric (nice effect) and one with sashing. Sorry, didn't think to take some pics earlier and now at this hour I would not trust me with a camera...

I have the 2nd of 4 quilts loaded on my machine today that are community service quilts from Annie's Star Quilt Guild in Chico. Great way to practice and learn to use my longarm.

Made my daily visit to check on my mom, she has dementia. She was an accomplished needle artist. I learned allot from her and my Oma, however, neither of them quilted. Learned that on my own. I talk to her about my quilting and show her my work, but she's not there anymore. I miss her...

It was too hot to work in the garden today, our first triple digets, right on que for the first days of summer. Too hot to sleep... but tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...