Monday, June 13, 2011

Civil War Blocks

Now that I have a blog set up I am going to start out catching up on the Civil War Quilt that I started on Memorial Day weekend. It's the BOW by Barbara Brackman which began January 1st of this year. I was aware of it then and followed the blog, making notes in a journal that I started. I love how she has joined the quilt block and a story from the history of the Civil War with each weeks post.

I didn't actually start making the blocks until recently because I knew I would not be able to keep up. Now that I have some time to devote to this project I am having so much fun with it. Some of the blocks are easy, others are not. With each block I find myself adding new challenges, fussy cutting and feeling pretty good about how my quilting has improved with each week's new block.

There is a Flicker site set up to post photos and it's fun to see how talented this group of quilters are. Following are photos of the blocks I have completed. Once I am caught up here and learn how to set up this blog, I look forward to blogging more about quilting. For now... pics of the Civil War blocks... that is if I can figure this out... so far they are getting all mixed up!


Block 2 North Star
 
 

   
OK now it's tomorrow and I can't get block pictures to post in any kind of order.
As Scarlet said ... I'll think about it tomorrow
Maybe I should go with Rhett's remark...
Frankly my dear, I don't give a $%*!
... I am tiered! lol... later
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...