Saturday, July 30, 2011

Square in a Square Variation

Yipee!!! Back to playing with my quilts! This morning I made the new block posted Friday by Cheryl on the 1880s Sampler blog. I cut into two of the Julie Hendrickson Fabrics that Cheryl sent. I LOVE them!

Square in a Square Variation
 Just love making these 5 inch blocks. The HSTs in the corners finish at 1/2 inch! The smallest I have ever made. I am changing to a different color theme for this quilt, replaced the black and white check with a brown and tan in place of the yellow. Plan to continue making some of the blocks in the original colors and make a small quilt using the blocks that I have already made. Love these small prints and this was a fun block to make. Cheryl makes it easy!

This afternoon will be catching up on the Civil War quilt. Today's new block is Empty Spools. The quilters that have already finished and posted on the Flickr site have already come up with 3 different ways to make this one! Amazing

It was so nice to get the duvet finished on Wednesday. It was boxed up on Thursday morning, UPS ground and it is on it's way to Tahoe! Switched my workroom back to quilting mode and began working on the Color Me Happy BOM for Cathy's. Made half of the blocks but am not happy with one of the fabrics. I am taking that bolt back to the shop and see what I can find that will work better. It's so kewl to be working from bolts! lol

Time for lunch and a visit with mom. Have a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful block!
    I really love your fabric choices for this one.
    I too am considering the idea of a 2nd smaller quilt of this in another color combination...SOME day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little 1/2 squares are something else! Beautiful block. I hope you did get to your CW blocks. I at least cut out 3 more.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...