Friday, February 10, 2012

Just Takes 2

I am still fighting a flu bug. Almost 3 weeks... I'm so sick of being sick! I am better tho, after five days of antibiotics, a breathing treatment, inhaler, cough RX, soup and allot of sleep, I am finally vertical and able to do some quilting...

I worked on Just Takes 2 Mystery quilt. I am really enjoying the process! A little appliqué, paper piecing, templates and rotary cutting/piecing. I opted to add the Redwork as well. However, a different design. These are flower/heart designs from Alex Anderson's Redwork Garden. I tried to do the Redwork by hand, my attempt was pretty bad. I played around with my Bernina and came up with a way to make them by machine using free motion stitching...
Block 3 ~ California Poppy
 I resized the designs to fit these blocks. Block 3 is a California Poppy and on block 4 are Morning Glories and Sweet Pea...
Block 4 ~ with Morning Glory and Sweet Pea
The appliqué I am doing by hand, just not needle turn. I came up with a combination of methods by various quilter/teachers. Basically, using freezer paper and a glue stick I make the shape first and then hand stitch them down. Here are the hearts for block 6, ready to be stitched...
I love needle turn hand appliqué, both the process and the look but it's hard on my hands. Machine appliqué methods are just too flat!  I found a happy medium that works for me.

I also worked on my blog...

Check out the new pages I added under my header... quilts I am working on, UFOs and a gallery. The gallery page is still "under construction" until I dig up some photos of finished quilts.

2 comments:

  1. I've repeating this mantra, "I will not start anything new, I will not start anything new". The JT2 is going around bloglang and I'm doing my best not to get sucked in. But I am enjoying everyone's block! (I'm muttering toys self again, I will not...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great. How clever of you to use FMQ to do redwork.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...