Sunday, April 22, 2012

Field of Poppies

We are replacing the weed grasses (fox tails and such that are dangerous for dogs) on the back of our property with California Poppies. With the sun and warmer temps they exploded this week!
It was noon today and too bright when I took this picture so it's not the best photo. 


Did a quilting workshop for binding on Thursday at Cathy's. Saturday was spent in Bidwell Park leading a volunteer program for Earth Day. There were about 150 people that participated. Michael and I had a great group of 12 volunteers, we dug out lots of invasive plant sprouts and planted sedge, deer grass and a few trees in an area that we have been working on along Big Chico Creek for a little over a year. I'm a little sore today. Off to spend the rest of the day with Mom. Both of us will be moving slow today :0)

5 comments:

  1. Cute quilts! Love that whale fabric on the red, white and blue one.
    Still think Pearl has some beautiful fabrics in that quilt. I'm green with envy!
    Your poppy field is Gorgeous! Does Crystal play in them ?
    What a productive week you've had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilts and wonderful quilting, I love them all, but I have to say the blue/white one with the whales on the border stole my heart, just adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I just love those Poppies !

    Love the quilting you did on these quilts ! I should have your machine quilt a few of mine for me . I need to get some prices from you .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poppies look glorious! Hope your sore muscles feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merilyn, Thanks for the comment about the blue/white whale quilt! It was my daughter Paloma's very first quilt for her little son who is 3 1/2 ! She'll love that you commented on it! Pam

      Delete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...