Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Baby Quilts and wall hangings

Big change! I am working on a new look for my blog! Still a work in progress, setting this blog up for my longarm quilting business. I am using templates as I have absolutely no Web Design knowledge. In spite of that am quite pleased with the results thus far. What do you think?

This blog will feature quilts made by customers and my machine quilting. Ramblin' Rows ia a new blog I set up where you can find my quilts and projects! Here are a few customer quilts completed... two baby quilts and two small wall hangings...


Hello Kitty baby quilt made by Donna ~ sew cute!
 We both loved how the quilting looked on the pink Minkee backing :0) In fact Donna made a second Hello Kitty quilt and we finished it the same!
Semi-custom quilted with a center quilting design called Lucky Charms, I used a flower border design and added a simple flower in the corner.

Using some of the same quilting designs, this baby quilt was quilted for Janet
 A cow and flower border design, the simple flower motif in the corner and in the pieced inner border. I thought it went well with Janet's Barnyard fabrics from Moda. Too cute!

A small quilt for Phoebe with individual block designs and a geometric border

And this beautiful wall hanging made by a customer. It is her first attempt at fusible applique! 
 She did a great job, even added a folded inner border
 I quilted a scroll/vine border and stipple quilted the center background in black thread.
Added outline stitching and SID around the veggies details with an invisible thread.

Thanks for looking! Time to head into my workroom. Today I am working on 11 board mounted valances! I still have a little bit of work doing window treatments. Not much after 2008 and the housing bubble burst. That's when I started looking into a longarm business and am very happy I did.
Enjoy the day and take some time to do some stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...